Monday, July 18, 2011

Flying Sharks and Ewoks...


Early on in the production of Tales #59, I started fiddling around with Illustrator to get a feel for lettering myself. I think it would've been around about this time that I'd started playing around with ideas for creator owned books, so I was keen to learn what I could. I actually really dig the font in this... kinda wish I remember what it was!

Anyway, the final job was done by Eric Talbot, who did a bang-up job on it. This also has some of my favourite dialogue in it. It's just a little thing, but I think it's very Mikey. I think Mikey and Raph are the two clearest voices in my own head, but I remember being desperate to pitch for the Donatello series that ended up going to Jim (Brain Thief), because I really, really wanted to get a better feel for the guy.

Maybe someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment